WELCOME FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES!

I LOVE TO CREATE, WRITE AND PRODUCE. AT THIS CORNER OF THE EARTH, YOU WILL FIND SOME OF MY PUBLISHED AND UNPUBLISHED WORKS. SEND YOUR INQUIRIES TO NIGHTWRITER357@AOL.COM

September 21, 2012

TTTCF: Donations Sought, Donations Received

The hardest thing to tackle for independent or up 'n' coming  filmmakers and writers is funding and representation. Every filmmaker works with a limited to no budget at all sometimes incurring unforeseen out-of-pocket expenses. It can be very costly to make films and donations are appreciated, yet overlooked at times. Fundraising in of itself is a different animal and also challenging. I speak not of fundraising where filmmakers simply put up website postings asking for money, but fundraising where there is an exchange of ideas and opportunities for all involved. Filmmakers should incorporate the barter system in their fundraising efforts. This requires a little bit more foot work and time to seek, research and solicit, write letters and film proposals and have face-to-face contact with people while continuing  production. As a writer with producer qualities and a producer with good writing skills I embrace the spirit of both. When I answered the call to work on "The Town That Christmas Forgot," some production had begun. I jumped in and assisted with what was asked of me without hesitation making sure the director and producer understood that I was available and could be counted on to produce. I walked (I don't have a car) and collected boxes throughout my neighborhood grocers for the set design, stayed on top of daily phone calls and email messages, donated my 10-year-old artificial Christmas tree and ornaments to production and sought meal service donations from local restaurants for the cast and crew who were working with no pay in exchange for reel credit. Although I was not successful in (my timing was a bit off when I was bought aboard this production late) soliciting meal service donations from all the businesses I proposed to and wrote letters to:View My Solicitation Letter Here

The Giant Grinder Deli
Signal Hill 90755

Super Mex Restaurant
Long Beach 90805

El Pollo Imperial Peruvian Restaurant
Long Beach 90805

Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles
Long Beach 90802

Nino's Ristorante
Long Beach 90807

Baja Sonora
Long Beach 90807

Nino's Ristorante
Long Beach 90807

Hawaiian BBQ Festival
Long Beach 90807

I still would like to acknowledge, thank and express appreciation to Andy, restaurant manager of Jongewaard's Bake 'n' Broil restaurant in Bixby Knoll-Long Beach for the 24 assorted home-made gourmet breakfast muffins donation that both TTTCF cast and  crew graciously devoured. Gulp!

Special thanks also to Jack, restaurant manager of Cafe Bixby & Pizza in the Bixby Knoll community of Long Beach for extending gift certificate donations to the production assistants working on the TTTCF film. It's important to me as a writer and producer to acknowledge others, no matter how much or little they give. It's equally important for  me to support and give back to the Long Beach community where I have resided for the last 16 years amidst wonderful resources and opportunities that improved my quality of life as a resident. Because of their contributions, I am more than happy to patronize them as small business owners in Long Beach. Not only does this open doors for potential community partnerships, but I also get to dine out and enjoy a venue with delicious food, one of my favorite passtimes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment